Friday, October 24, 2014

Drunkard's Path Quilt Along - Week 3

This week I've gotten all the Drunkard's Path blocks sewn, as well as the 9.5-inch blocks cut from strip strata that make up the outer borders.
Cross the Drunkard’s Path Quilt Along
The whole thing is on the design wall now, ready to be sewn together.

I should say most of it is on the wall; some of it had to go onto the floor, etc.  I wanted to see the whole thing laid out, as best I could.

That's my little portable design board leaning up against the wall.  It has come in handy to transport pieces from one room to the next, keeping them in the right order for sewing.  It'd be easy for me to get turned around with these directional pieces otherwise.

I hope to have a finished quilt top by next week!

P.S. - As usual, I am excited by the scraps I have left over.


Maybe something like this will go on the back as the basis for the label?

17 comments:

Terri said...

Love your blocks, and the layout is great. You will have a lovely quilt for a man or woman. I hope there is someone special in mind for this one.
Hugs

Hazel said...

I amazed at the speed of this project.
Are you going to machine quilt the top to the batting and back piece?

Kim said...

I'm not at all surprised that you could get turned around with all those pieces! This quilt is going to be amazing. Who would've thought that you could make the humble plaid shirts look so incredible. Love it!

Kevin the Quilter said...

While eating some chocolate chip cookies as a treat for my hard work today, and reading this post....I want you to know,..... I TOSSED MY COOKIES SEEING YOUR QUILT! And, that, by the way, is a VERY good thing! I am literally in awe of this quilt!!!!! I am smitten and in love with it, and see one in my future! Can't wait to see your's assembled, and quilted!

Shay said...

WOW!!!!! That's looking fantastic. It's going to look great sewn together into a flimsy ready for quilting. Any ideas which direction you'll take there?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely stunning and beautiful and wonderful . . . have fun stitching it all together!

Sharon said...

Your quilt is amaaaazing! Love the play with the plaids. Curious - did you change out the few pieces that bugged you last week? You are really clipping along on this DP!

Sarah Craig said...

P., that is so fabulous!! I absolutely love this quilt - I think it's my favorite that you've ever shown and that's saying a lot! Whoop whoop!!

Cathi said...

Wow - the Drunkard's Path blocks in the plaids looks fantastic!

Mari said...

Fabulous blocks! This is going to be a great quilt! Very creative.

Julie in GA said...

I love your DP blocks--so creative with all the strippy strata. Beautiful!

Karen said...

Amazed! Cannot wait for the finish, love it!!

MomWaldsPlace said...

I cannot get over how modern this looks when you used plaid shirting. You have the touch girlfriend!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Fantastic quilt! You definitely have an eye for this. I also love your portable board...genius! I could have used it recently:)

Roxanne said...

I love plaid quilts and have lots of plaids to use in them. This quilt of yours is fantastic--would not have pictured how modern this would look. Beautiful!

Cathy said...

WOW! Love it. Gorgeous. Can't believe you will be finished soon. What size will it be? What size are the individual blocks?

Vicki W said...

I know I'm a broken record on this but I LOVE this quilt!