Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thoroughly Modern Lily Quilt Pattern Availability Changes

Edited March 2023:  The Thoroughly Modern Lily pattern is available as a free PDF download by clicking HERE.  Click the download icon on the top right of the page that opens.  

Custom acrylic templates for the Four-Lily Block used in this quilt are available at DMP Engraving.

Original post follows:

Beginning January 1, 2015, any entrepreneur who sells online digital services (including downloadable PDFs) to someone in the EU must charge a VAT tax.  What it means for me is that I have, at this time, removed my Thoroughly Modern Lily quilt pattern from Craftsy.  I apologize for any inconvenience which may result for those who have wish-listed the pattern on Craftsy, pinned it on Pinterest, or were otherwise thinking about buying it some day.  

There is good news, however, if you read on!

Some digital pattern sellers are migrating to other platforms which sites have assured them they will handle the VAT for EU sales on their behalf.  I don't know if I will do that or not at some point.

In the interim, while I decide whether, how, and/or where to make the digitally downloadable pattern available again, here is what it means for you, dear reader.

For a limited time, my Thoroughly Modern Lily quilt pattern is available by email free!  All you need to do is email me and request it as follows: 
  • Please put "TML" (Thoroughly Modern Lily) in the subject line of your email.  
  • Include your full name and mailing address, so I know you're a legitimate consumer, not a spammer, and what country you live in.  This is only for my own records and is the same basic information you would be providing if you purchased the pattern on Craftsy using Paypal.  
  • You can find a link to my email address in my Blogger profile, but here it is too:  thewayisewit {at} gmail {dot} com.  Substitute the normal symbols for the stuff in brackets and you're all set.
As always, if you have any questions about the pattern, feel free to ask.  If you make the quilt, or even just one block, I would love to see a photo!  HERE is a link to Elizabeth's version of Thoroughly Modern Lily!  It's beautiful!)

If you missed the post about the Thoroughly Modern Lily quilt pattern, you can find it HERE.

I also did a tutorial on making the Four-Lily block, which is the basic block for this quilt, which you can find on the Tutorials tab of the blog.  You can also search the labels for Thoroughly Modern Lily and see all the posts relating to it, including the quilt of my grandmother which inspired it.

With all the best wishes!

~Paulette

3 comments:

Hazel said...

That VAT is a real nusience! Thanks for the free pattern. I was not remembering the craftsy pattern sales! Hope you get the whole thing sorted out.

I wondered if you could sell to only USA at Craftsy, but refer Non USA customers to another platform for sales.

Jittina said...

Thank you for your generosity. The quilt is just beautiful. I just sent you an email.

Greetings from Sweden, Jittina

Sharlene said...

I have just started following your blog and so haven't taken the time to look at all of your tutorials. This pattern looks so wonderfully vintage - like my 'Nan' would have done in applique. I'd love to get a copy of it - thank you.